HOW TO TAKE A GREATER CARE OF YOUR PIKINI
In today’s blog, we are deepening on this matter! Tips to extend the life of your PIKINI:
HAND WASH COLD
It reduces colour fading, protects the fabric and requires less use of energy
- Rinse your swimwear right after swimming in salt or chlorinated water
- Wash your pieces separately. The newer they are, the more excess dye washes out. This is normal and will stop after a few washes.
- Before putting it away, hand wash cold with care
- Do not scrub!
- Do not use fabric softener
IMPORTANT NOTE: Before stocking it until next summer, machine wash it with a gentle program at 30º to eliminate all remnants of salt, chlorine or sun block
USE NEUTRAL SOAP
- Harsh detergents are not good for swimwear. Rather, you need to use neutral/mil soaps
- Go with an eco option! There are many eco soaps that don’t put at risk the environment and are as effective as the conventional ones.
DRY FLAT IN SHADE
- Avoid drying your swimwear in direct sunlight
- Remember, if sun is not optimal for swimwear, the iron is less optimal! Never iron, tremble dry or dry clean!
- Rough surfaces
- Packing when wet
- Excessive lotion, sunscreen, oil and chlorine as it may alter the stretch and coloration of the item over time. This is not a manufacturing defect. Please be mindful of your application.
- Do not bleach
- Do not stock inside plastic bags/cases over a long period of time as it can stain the swimwear.
We hope you found this post useful. Let us know on the comment section!